Thursday, March 4, 2010
Native Instruments AUDIO 2 - New budget soundcard review
So if your new into computer music one thing you may be noticing is a time delay in your writing if your recording "on the fly" with your keyboard, This pesky ass hat is called "latency".
Now it's time to start getting a bit more serious with your production, You will notice a difference.
Time to buy yourself your 1st pro soundcard.
The Native Instruments AUDIO 2 DJ fills the need for a high quality, ultra-mobile audio interface for digital DJs using TRAKTOR or other DJing and performance software. It's the smallest DJ USB soundcard in the you can get but has a decent sound for the price tag.
The AUDIO 2 DJ is Native Instruments' entry level solution for DJ & producers who want portability with no compromise on audio quality. If you're a digital DJ who doesn't require audio recording or timecode control, the AUDIO 2 DJ is for you.
I wouldn't recommend it for anything exept for producing while travelling on your laptop though. (Has a crappy lack of inputs). Though if your currently writing with your on board, Its a million times better.
Hook It Up
The Native Instruments AUDIO 2 DJ connects to your computer with USB 2.0.
The two 1/4 inch output channels can either be used to route stereo signals to an external mixer, or as a master out and headphone monitor for using the internal mixer of your DJ or DAW software.
Good sound quality is guaranteed with super high-end Cirrus Logic® AD/DA converters. Ultra low-latency drivers, hi-gain output levels (providing up to 9.7 dBu on both channels), and the ultra-wide frequency response affirm the AUDIO 2 DJ’s professional credentials. The sound quality and clarity will piss over your on board sound.
* Professional USB 2.0 audio interface with ultra-high 24-bit/96kHz Cirrus Logic® converters
* 2 stereo 1/4" Line/Headphone level outputs
* Manual volume controls for each stereo channel
* Hi-gain outputs based on RC4580 Headphones OP AMP for punchy, loud level
as also featured on the AUDIO 4 DJ and AUDIO 8 DJ interfaces
* 2 output LEDs (one LED for each stereo channel) for instant visual monitoring of connection status
* USB 2.0 bus powered
* Ultra-low latency ASIO™, Core Audio™, Direct Sound™, WASAPI™ drivers
* Compatible with software platforms VST™, Audio Units™, Stand-alone, RTAS®
* 2 phone-jack (1/4”) to RCA adapter cables (cable length 1 m) and 1 shielded USB cable (approx. 1,5 m) are included in the product box
AUDIO 2 DJ includes the following software products:
* Demo version of TRAKTOR PRO
* KORE PLAYER and KORE SOUNDPACK
So all this points to better sound, great portability & a million times better tan on board sound.
It's got a decent price tag on it too, But just to let you know.
You will want to upgrade it in about a years time.
Anyways, You can grab one from here if you like. $99 euro for zero latency.
Better than a kick in the clock weights.