Native Instruments has announced the release of version 1.5 of Maschine, a major free update that significantly increases the functionality and creative potential of the computer-based music production system. With more classic drum machine features, improved host integration, new sampling functions, an extended sound library, and even more efficient workflow, the 1.5 software expands on the concept of Maschine as an integrated and intuitive groove production studio for producers, live musicians and DJs. NI has also updated the Kontakt 4 Factory Library to v1.0.2.
To bring even more of the legacy of classic drum machines into the modern music production environment, Maschine 1.5 introduces two new "vintage sampler" modes that authentically emulate the gritty sonic signatures of the popular MPC-60 and SP-1200 models through component modeling. The 1.5 version also loads the programs of nearly all MPC models ever built, opening up a vast resource of existing sound and sample material within Maschine.
Maschine 1.5 also enables a new and efficient level of DAW integration, with convenient host automation through new macro controls, MIDI pattern Drag&Drop export, direct DAW recording of Maschine events, MIDI pitch bend and CC support, and more. The powerful real-time sampling features of Maschine benefit from extended slicing and mapping options that make it even easier to work with sampled grooves and other rhythmic loops. The 1.5 version also introduces a full arsenal of destructive audio editing functions for in-depth sample manipulation.
The Maschine 1.5 update includes a versatile assortment of additional instrument and drum sounds, based on a gigabyte of sample material. The library has been expanded with special versions of Abbey Road 60s & 70s Drums, authentic electric pianos and bass guitars from Scarbee, contemporary acoustic strings taken from the upcoming Session Strings instrument, sampled vintage analog synths, and carefully resampled MPC-60 hip hop kits from sample expert Goldbaby.
Further enhancements in Maschine 1.5 include a new "Grain Stretch" effect algorithm, a "16 Velocity Levels" pad mode, MIDI file export, extended polyphony options, improved event editing and navigation on the controller, project default templates, sample consolidation for improved song portability, and a wide range of minor optimizations.
Summary of new and improved features in Maschine v1.5:
- Performance page with eight assignable "Macro Controls" per Group.
- Host Automation support.
- Support for MIDI Continuous Controller and Pitchbend.
- MPC program import (500/1000/2000(XL)/2500/3000/4000 models).
- "Save Project with samples" function for easily portable songs.
- Enhanced slicing with editable markers and new "split" mode.
- Destructive audio editing with trim, normalize, copy/paste, fade etc.
- New "Project default" preferences including project template.
- New "vintage sound" MPC 60 and SP1200 emulation modes.
- 16 Velocity Levels mode for controller.
- New effect algorithm: Grain Stretch.
- New "Add to Sample Map" function in browser.
- New "Copy Sound without Note Events" option.
- Adjustable polyphony limit per Sound.
- "Direct Monitor" option in sampling mode.
- MIDI export for patterns, including Drag and Drop to host.
- Improved event editing via controller.
- Improved waveform navigation via controller.
- Various other enhancements.
- Plus various fixes and stability improvements.